CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (CMA)
The Medical Assistant is a multi-skilled health professional (MSHP) who works
interdependently with other health care professionals to provide quality health care to
the patient. The Medical Assistant is educated and trained to perform both
administrative and clinical skills in the medical care environment. The Medical Assistant
is directly responsible to the Director of MCSMG.
The entry-level Certified Medical Assistant may perform the following skills:
1. Front desk reception.
2. Answering phones and scheduling appointments.
3. Greet patients, completion of registration forms, and give instructions.
4. Filing and maintaining medical records.
5. Filing and maintaining financial records.
6. Preparing and typing correspondence.
7. Arranging for hospital admissions and outside referrals for the physician.
8. Calling prescriptions to the pharmacy for the physician.
9. Communication skills using appropriate medical terminology.
10. Following appropriate legal and ethical professional conduct.
1. Measuring and recording vital signs.
2. Recording patient interview, history and chief complaint.
3. Providing patient education with regards to office policies, medications,
management of diseased, home treatments and special diets.
4. Preparing patients for examinations and performing routine screening tests.
5. Assisting the physician with exams and minor office surgery.
6. Collection of other lab specimens.
7. Performing basic lab tests.
8. Preparing and administering medications with physician’s authorizations.
9. Change dressings, applying bandages, removing sutures and other first aid
10. Using CPR skills when required.
111. Maintaining supplies, equipment, stocking, and sterilizing instruments.
12.Disposing of biohazard waste according to OSHA standards.
13.Practicing OSHA safety standards.
14. Performing accurate, legal, and ethical documentation at all times.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
High School Diploma or GED
Previous experience in a physician office or medical setting
*CMA License/Certificate preferred
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Closing Date: 04/06/2020
Beth Cavanah - Director of Human Resources
615 Old Symsonia Rd
Benton, KY 42025