Surgical Technician- Part-Time/PRN
This job is responsible for assisting the Operating Room Team during operative procedures in accordance with internal standards and procedures. Work includes arranging and inventorying sterile set-up for operations, passing items as needed to the operating team, assisting in the preparation and moving of patients and in the clean-up of the operating room. An incumbent carries out assigned activities under direct supervision and direction of a qualified practitioner.
• Applies principles and techniques of asepsis to the work assignment; assists with scrubbing, preparation of the sterile field, gowning/gloving members of the surgical team and draping of patient.
• Under the direct supervision of a qualified practitioner, pass instruments, hold retractors, cut/remove sutures, apply suction, apply electro surgical hand piece to instrument and apply/remove cast.
• Responsible for assigned instrument table including instrument set up, clean up and turnover in preparation for the next case. Performs decontamination and sterilization processes per protocol.
• Provides safe handling and care for instrument and specimen in accordance with internal procedures.
• Transports patient and assists with positioning of patient under the direction of a qualified practitioner.
• Orders and stocks supplies and performs environmental cleaning duties according to standards. Cleans assigned work unit; stocks and replenishes supplies and equipment as necessary, identifies and reports problems with supplies or equipment; enters equipment repair request in system, tags equipment and removes from service.
• Identifies emergencies and initiates and/or participates in the appropriate response to situation.
• Maintains an organized and safe work and patient environment, adhering to the hospital's safety, risk management and regulatory standards. Reports any unusual circumstances to departmental leadership.
• Collaborates and communicates effectively with the inter-disciplinary team.
• Participates in quality assurance/improvement initiatives as requested.
Specialties: Orthopedics, General Surgery, ENT, and Endoscopy
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Graduation from an accredited surgical technician program required.
• A minimum of six months Operating Room work experience is preferred.
• Registration with the State.
Current BLS Certification.
Shift : Day
Closing Date: 11/29/2019
Beth Cavanah - Director of Human Resources
615 Old Symsonia Rd
Benton, KY 42025